Monday, November 8, 2010

The Webcomic Hunt Begins

        Hello to all of you who are reading my blog. I'm comicalgenius and it shouldn't be too hard to guess that I'm an avid reader of comics. I enjoy all kinds and genres of comics from manga to superhero comics to Garfield. Recently, many of my friends that I would usually discuss my recent readings with have begun to mention webcomics more and more during our conversations. Xkcd, fumetti, the infinite canvas- I get completely lost when these webcomic terms start popping up.
       You see, although I like to think that I have an eclectic taste in comics, I have mostly excluded webcomics from my reading list. I guess that I have grown accustomed to the feeling of holding a comic book or newspaper and the sight of black ink on a white page. However, as our society becomes more technology-oriented and the internet truly takes over books, newspapers, radios, television, and phones as the greatest source of information and communication in the world, webcomics are something that I cannot disregard any longer.
        Thus I have decided to embark on a journey of exploration of webcomics, not through books, but at the source of webcomics, the world wide web itself. My goal is to discover the history of webcomics, learn about a few of webcomics' popular formats and styles, understand some underlying concepts of digital comics, and perhaps find a favorite that I will continue enjoy reading in the future. I will post my findings here so that all of you who are similarly interested in exploring the world of webcomics can follow my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment