Monday, November 15, 2010

Fumetti Forum Discussion

     While reading the Wikipedia page about webcomics I stumbled across a genre of webcomics named fumetti. With such a unique-sounding name, I couldn't resist but take a sidetrip to explore this type of comic. Since the Wikipedia page didn't have too much information about fumetti I decided to turn to other sources. By typing the question, "What is Fumetti?" into Google, I found a thread with exactly what I was looking for on a forum about comics. The forum is called The StoryBOARD and the question was posted in the Q&A section.
     I essentially had the same question as ComixBoy98 and his following discussion with other webcomics enthusiasts really shined a light on the comics known as fumetti. They are simply comics that use photos instead of drawn illustrations. It was both entertaining and educational to see the argument between posters who believed that fumetti works with those who didn't. After looking at a few fumetti comics online, I personally find the idea of using photos instead of illustrations very intriguing, but I also agree that it can seem stiff and a bit awkward at times. You can check out the fumetti-style webcomic discussed in the forum here.
Night Zero is a fumetti webcomic that features elaborate sets, trained actors, and advanced imaging techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment